Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical contactless card Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any contactless card related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated contactless card specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the contactless card Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which contactless card improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the standard requirements:
- Is a solution implementation plan established, including schedule/work breakdown structure, resources, risk management plan, cost/budget, and control plan?
- Is the current ‘as is’ process being followed? If not, what are the discrepancies?
- Do we combine technical expertise with business knowledge and contactless card Key topics include lifecycles, development approaches, requirements and how to make a business case?
- Is contactless card linked to key stakeholder goals and objectives?
- If you had to rebuild your organization without any traditional competitive advantages (i.e., no killer a technology, promising research, innovative product/service delivery model, etc.), how would your people have to approach their work and collaborate together in order to create the necessary conditions for success?
- If we do not follow, then how to lead?
- What should the next improvement project be that is related to contactless card?
- What are the barriers to increased contactless card production?
- What is the risk?
- How do we measure risk?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the contactless card book in PDF containing requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your contactless card self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the contactless card Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which contactless card areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough contactless card Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage contactless card projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step contactless card Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 contactless card project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Activity Cost Estimates: Does the activity rely on a common set of tools to carry it out?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: What resources might the stakeholder bring to the contactless card project?
- Quality Audit: Health and safety arrangements; stress management workshops. How does the organization know that it provides a safe and healthy environment?
- Requirements Traceability Matrix: Is there a requirements traceability process in place?
- Change Request: How many lines of code must be changed to implement the change?
- Project Management Plan: Are the existing and future without-plan conditions reasonable and appropriate?
- Human Resource Management Plan: Does a documented contactless card project organizational policy & plan (i.e. governance model) exist?
- Initiating Process Group: Do you know the roles & responsibilities required for this contactless card project?
- Issue Log: Can an impact cause deviation beyond team, stage or contactless card project tolerances?
- Team Member Performance Assessment: Where can team members go for more detailed information on performance measurement and assessment?
Step-by-step and complete contactless card Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 contactless card project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 contactless card project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 contactless card project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 contactless card project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 contactless card project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 contactless card project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any contactless card project with this in-depth contactless card Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose contactless card projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in contactless card and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make contactless card investments work better.
This contactless card All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.