What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 134 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions and pioneer acquisition of Network Functions Virtualization NFV systems.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Network Functions Virtualization NFV agendas for the next 3 years?
– How would one define Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Test Network function virtualization results and describe the risks of Network function virtualization sustainability.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes of our organization?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Do Network Functions Virtualization NFV rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Read up on Application-specific integrated circuit issues and handle a jump-start course to Application-specific integrated circuit.
– Is Supporting Network Functions Virtualization NFV documentation required?
– Which Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals are the most important?
– What are the long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Carrier grade Critical Criteria:
Confer over Carrier grade management and optimize Carrier grade leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network Functions Virtualization NFV information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– How do we Identify specific Network Functions Virtualization NFV investment and emerging trends?
– Are we Assessing Network Functions Virtualization NFV and Risk?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Coach on Certes Networks tasks and secure Certes Networks creativity.
– What business benefits will Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals deliver if achieved?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Cloud computing strategies and develop and take control of the Cloud computing initiative.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– Time to market improvements. Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– If the application is used to generate revenue, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase that revenue?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further enable saas adoption?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What are some strategies for capacity planning for big data processing and cloud computing?
– Will Cloud Computing replace traditional dedicated server hosting?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– Resource provisioning algos in cloud computing?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– What happened to grid computing?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Learn from Content delivery network planning and adjust implementation of Content delivery network.
– Do those selected for the Network Functions Virtualization NFV team have a good general understanding of what Network Functions Virtualization NFV is all about?
– Why is Network Functions Virtualization NFV important for you now?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Cyan, Inc. risks and adopt an insight outlook.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Network Functions Virtualization NFV requirements in detail?
– Are assumptions made in Network Functions Virtualization NFV stated explicitly?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Check Darmstadt, Germany risks and figure out ways to motivate other Darmstadt, Germany users.
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does our organization need more Network Functions Virtualization NFV education?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Chart Data link layer decisions and maintain Data link layer for success.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Network Functions Virtualization NFV workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How do we keep improving Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Disseminate European Telecommunications Standards Institute planning and define European Telecommunications Standards Institute competency-based leadership.
– Do we all define Network Functions Virtualization NFV in the same way?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Face Google Talk risks and maintain Google Talk for success.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– What is the source of the strategies for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform?
– Is the scope of Network Functions Virtualization NFV defined?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Match Hardware virtualization goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Hardware virtualization results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Facilitate High availability tactics and define High availability competency-based leadership.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Mix IP Multimedia Subsystem adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding IP Multimedia Subsystem.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Network Functions Virtualization NFV is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Network Functions Virtualization NFV. How do we gain traction?
– Is there a Network Functions Virtualization NFV Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Grasp Intrusion detection system visions and explain and analyze the challenges of Intrusion detection system.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– How will you measure your Network Functions Virtualization NFV effectiveness?
– What will drive Network Functions Virtualization NFV change?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Explore Load balancing goals and point out improvements in Load balancing.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Network Functions Virtualization NFV models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Mobile base station tactics and devise Mobile base station key steps.
– Are accountability and ownership for Network Functions Virtualization NFV clearly defined?
– How can you measure Network Functions Virtualization NFV in a systematic way?
– How can skill-level changes improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Depict Network architecture adoptions and finalize the present value of growth of Network architecture.
– How is the value delivered by Network Functions Virtualization NFV being measured?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Network interface device governance and work towards be a leading Network interface device expert.
– Among the Network Functions Virtualization NFV product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How do we Improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Network layer tactics and look in other fields.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Network Functions Virtualization NFV with what users do day-to-day?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Network Functions Virtualization NFV been identified and analyzed?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Model after Network management failures and mentor Network management customer orientation.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Network Functions Virtualization NFV moving forward?
– How do we manage Network Functions Virtualization NFV Knowledge Management (KM)?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Reason over Network node issues and question.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What vendors make products that address the Network Functions Virtualization NFV needs?
– How to Secure Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Network virtualization strategies and create a map for yourself.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Network Functions Virtualization NFV experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– Is the Network Functions Virtualization NFV organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Survey Northbound interface engagements and forecast involvement of future Northbound interface projects in development.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
– What are the short and long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Infer OASIS TOSCA goals and point out OASIS TOSCA tensions in leadership.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Network Functions Virtualization NFV services/products?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis show the relationships among important Network Functions Virtualization NFV factors?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Open Platform for NFV projects and separate what are the business goals Open Platform for NFV is aiming to achieve.
– Do we monitor the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Open vSwitch projects and get answers.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What are the barriers to increased Network Functions Virtualization NFV production?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV problems defined?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Chart Platform as a service issues and explore and align the progress in Platform as a service.
– What are the key elements of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– Have you identified your Network Functions Virtualization NFV key performance indicators?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Investigate Proof of concept risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– In what ways are Network Functions Virtualization NFV vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Detail RAD Data Communications strategies and adopt an insight outlook.
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Categorize Session border controller adoptions and be persistent.
– Think about the functions involved in your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what processes flow from these functions?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Shortest Path Bridging decisions and maintain Shortest Path Bridging for success.
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Infer Software-defined networking goals and assess what counts with Software-defined networking that we are not counting.
– Who needs to know about Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Understand Southbound interface planning and stake your claim.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Jump start Systems integrator projects and catalog Systems integrator activities.
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Adapt Virtual machines tasks and proactively manage Virtual machines risks.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
Systematize Virtualization engine failures and look in other fields.
– How can we improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Frame White paper goals and research ways can we become the White paper company that would put us out of business.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process available?
– What is Effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network function virtualization External links:
Network Function Virtualization – Citrix
What is Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Ciena
Carrier grade External links:
G6 Universal Media Gateway | Carrier Grade Server
Carrier Grade Availability | DocuSign
Certes Networks External links:
15 Certes Networks reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Certes Networks – Home | Facebook
Certes Networks Partner Portal
Cloud computing External links:
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Content delivery network External links:
Akamai – Content Delivery Network (CDN) & Cloud …
Ramp: Enterprise Content Delivery Network (eCDN)
Azure Content delivery network | Microsoft Azure
Cyan, Inc. External links:
Obduction by Cyan, Inc. —Kickstarter
Cyan, Inc. v. Beaver County Employees’ Retirement Fund
Darmstadt, Germany External links:
Darmstadt, Germany Events | Eventbrite
Darmstadt, Germany Forecast | Weather Underground
U.S.Army 547th Kelley Barracks, Darmstadt, Germany – …
Data link layer External links:
Data Link Layer Questions And Answers – icann.solutions
[PDF]Data Link Layer Questions And Answers PDF Download
Data Link Layer: 2016 – standardsmedia.com
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
European Telecommunications Standards Institute …
Google Talk External links:
Jul 08, 2016 · Jabber android app for xmpp based chat services such as Google Talk
Google Talk for Developers | Google Developers
How to Set up a Google Talk Account: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
High availability External links:
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
Using Guest Clustering for High Availability
IP Multimedia Subsystem External links:
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) – YouTube
Intrusion detection system External links:
[PDF]Section 9. Intrusion Detection Systems
[PDF]Intrusion Detection System Sensor Protection Profile
Intrusion Detection Systems – CERIAS
Load balancing External links:
Application Gateway–Load Balancing Solution | Microsoft Azure
Azure VM load balancing vs Traffic Manager – Stack Overflow
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
Mobile base station External links:
[PDF]Bundling Mobile Base Station and Wireless Energy …
MB100 Mobile Base Station – Musson Theatrical, Inc
Network architecture External links:
Developing a blueprint for global R&E network architecture
Network Architecture – Cisco DNA
Network interface device External links:
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Network Interface Device (NID)
[PDF]12. Network Interface Device (NID) and House and …
Network layer External links:
What is Network layer? – Definition from WhatIs.com
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
IPsec and Network Layer IP Security Standard Protocols
Network management External links:
OSPINSIGHT – Fiber Optic Network Management
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
Download Free Network Management & Free Network …
Network node External links:
Buy a HPE OpenView Network Node Manager Advanced Edition ( v. 7.51 ) – license or other Network Management Software at CDW.com
Exchange Network Node v2
What is network node? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Network virtualization External links:
VMware NSX : Network Virtualization and Security Platform
Northbound interface External links:
[MS-NCNBI]: Network Controller Northbound Interface
OASIS TOSCA External links:
[PDF]OASIS TOSCA – OpenStack
OASIS TOSCA Translator – IBM Code
Oasis Tosca DevOps Paris (Paris, France) | Meetup
Open Platform for NFV External links:
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – YouTube
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV): How to Get Involved | …
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – Google+ – plus.google.com
Open vSwitch External links:
VXLAN overlay networks with Open vSwitch – YouTube
Open vSwitch Cheat Sheet – The Random Security Guy
The Design and Implementation of Open vSwitch | USENIX
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Proof of concept External links:
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
KBB Proof Of Concept reviews – Progarchives.com
RAD Data Communications External links:
Products – RAD Data Communications
Contact Us – RAD Data Communications
Session border controller External links:
What Is A Session Border Controller (SBC)? – Software Advice
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
Shortest Path Bridging External links:
[PDF]Shortest Path Bridging (802.1aq) Technical …
Shortest Path Bridging Archives – Avaya Connected Blog
What is shortest path bridging? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Software-defined networking External links:
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Software-defined Networking (SDN) – Citrix
Southbound interface External links:
Does SolarWinds have a southbound interface? |THWACK
Systems integrator External links:
Neurilink | Leading Audio Visual Systems Integrator
AV Systems Integrator – Los Angeles & Orange County – …
Virtual machines External links:
Virtual Machines – MineOS – minecraft.codeemo.com
Virtual machines – Math – The University of Utah
Virtual machines (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Virtualization engine External links:
Delphix Virtualization Engine – Delphix
White paper External links:
Get your kitchen utensils clean and shine by using this Bounty DuraTowel White Paper Towels. Comes in a variety of attractive prints.
Download our thought leadership white paper – FedEx
Provide privacy and great insulation to your living space with the help of this Redi Shade White Paper Light Filtering Shade.