What is involved in Internal communications
Find out what the related areas are that Internal communications connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Internal communications thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Internal communications journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Internal communications leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Internal communications related domains to cover and 127 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Internal communications, Brand engagement, Brand management, Chartered Institute of Public Relations, Communication theory, Corporate communications, Corporate social responsibility, Employee engagement, Employee relations, Film production, Human resource management, Human resources, Information society, Institute of Internal Communication, International Association of Business Communicators, Knowledge management, Larkin Administration Building, Media relations, Organizational studies, Political science, Port Sunlight, Public relations, Rotterdam School of Management, Social media, Social network, Social psychology, Spam filter, Style guide, Works council, Yammer or FieldRate:
Internal communications Critical Criteria:
Refer to Internal communications projects and probe Internal communications strategic alliances.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Internal communications process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Internal communications process available?
– Think about the people you identified for your Internal communications project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Internal communications project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Internal communications project lifecycle?
Brand engagement Critical Criteria:
Chat re Brand engagement issues and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Brand engagement results.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Internal communications in a volatile global economy?
– Do the Internal communications decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How can you measure Internal communications in a systematic way?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Devise Brand management projects and get going.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Internal communications strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is Effective Internal communications?
Chartered Institute of Public Relations Critical Criteria:
Test Chartered Institute of Public Relations outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations process.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Internal communications?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Internal communications opportunities costing us money?
– What are current Internal communications Paradigms?
Communication theory Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Communication theory risks and track iterative Communication theory results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Internal communications experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Is Internal communications Required?
Corporate communications Critical Criteria:
Pilot Corporate communications planning and look at the big picture.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Internal communications process?
– Are accountability and ownership for Internal communications clearly defined?
– How do we manage Internal communications Knowledge Management (KM)?
Corporate social responsibility Critical Criteria:
Face Corporate social responsibility goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Corporate social responsibility.
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– What if your company publishes an environmental or corporate social responsibility report?
– Can we do Internal communications without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What threat is Internal communications addressing?
– How much does Internal communications help?
Employee engagement Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Employee engagement decisions and perfect Employee engagement conflict management.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Internal communications agendas for the next 3 years?
– What role can internal branding and employee engagement play in creating a positive brand experience?
– Do the drivers of employee engagement differ significantly in different regions of the world?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Internal communications moving forward?
– Did a newly introduced employee benefit have a positive effect on employee engagement?
– What specific factors are most associated with higher employee engagement?
– Which managerial competencies foster higher levels of employee engagement?
– Why is employee engagement higher for some job functions than for others?
– Should we even be focusing on employee engagement?
Employee relations Critical Criteria:
Derive from Employee relations management and raise human resource and employment practices for Employee relations.
– When a Internal communications manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we know that any Internal communications analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Internal communications activities?
Film production Critical Criteria:
Chart Film production decisions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Film production results.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Internal communications product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How would one define Internal communications leadership?
– What are our Internal communications Processes?
Human resource management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Human resource management quality and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Human resource management projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Internal communications does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased Internal communications production?
Human resources Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Human resources visions and find the essential reading for Human resources researchers.
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– What are strategies that we can undertake to reduce job fatigue and reduced productivity?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– How do financial reports support the various aspects of accountability?
– Can you think of other ways to reduce the costs of managing employees?
– How does the company provide notice of its information practices?
– What will be your Human Resources needs for the first year?
– What internal dispute resolution mechanisms are available?
– How can we promote retention of high performing employees?
– How is Staffs knowledge of procedures and regulations?
– Does all hr data receive the same level of security?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How is the Content updated of the hr website?
– Why study Human Resources management (hrm)?
– Analytic Applications: Build or Buy?
– How do we engage the stakeholders?
– Why is transparency important?
– Can you trust the algorithm?
– What is harassment?
Information society Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information society decisions and find out what it really means.
– In what ways are Internal communications vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will you know that the Internal communications project has been successful?
Institute of Internal Communication Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Institute of Internal Communication visions and proactively manage Institute of Internal Communication risks.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Internal communications strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does Internal communications create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What are the long-term Internal communications goals?
International Association of Business Communicators Critical Criteria:
Explore International Association of Business Communicators tasks and mentor International Association of Business Communicators customer orientation.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Internal communications leader?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Internal communications values?
– What are the business goals Internal communications is aiming to achieve?
Knowledge management Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Knowledge management engagements and look for lots of ideas.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Internal communications project?
– What are the best practices in knowledge management for IT Service management ITSM?
– What best practices in knowledge management for Service management do we use?
– How can skill-level changes improve Internal communications?
– When is Knowledge Management Measured?
– How is Knowledge Management Measured?
Larkin Administration Building Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Larkin Administration Building failures and look at it backwards.
– How is the value delivered by Internal communications being measured?
– Have all basic functions of Internal communications been defined?
– How to deal with Internal communications Changes?
Media relations Critical Criteria:
Confer over Media relations issues and sort Media relations activities.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Internal communications forward?
– Does Internal communications analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Organizational studies Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Organizational studies failures and create a map for yourself.
– Who needs to know about Internal communications ?
Political science Critical Criteria:
Define Political science planning and oversee implementation of Political science.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Internal communications? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How important is Internal communications to the user organizations mission?
– Are assumptions made in Internal communications stated explicitly?
Port Sunlight Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Port Sunlight results and forecast involvement of future Port Sunlight projects in development.
– What are the disruptive Internal communications technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Internal communications products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Mine Public relations projects and describe the risks of Public relations sustainability.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– How do we Improve Internal communications service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do we all define Internal communications in the same way?
Rotterdam School of Management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Rotterdam School of Management failures and proactively manage Rotterdam School of Management risks.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Internal communications processes?
– What are all of our Internal communications domains and what do they do?
– Why should we adopt a Internal communications framework?
Social media Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Social media tasks and describe which business rules are needed as Social media interface.
– When you use social media to complain about a Customer Service issue, how often do you feel you get an answer or your complaint is resolved by the company?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Do you have written guidelines for your use of social media and its use by your employees?
– In the past year, have you utilized social media to get a Customer Service response?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– What is the best way to integrate social media into existing CRM strategies?
– How have you defined R.O.I. from a social media perspective in the past?
– Do you have any proprietary tools or products related to social media?
– What social media dashboards are available and how do they compare?
– Do you offer social media training services for clients?
– How does social media redefine business intelligence?
– How is social media changing category management?
– Is social media a better investment than SEO?
Social network Critical Criteria:
Gauge Social network leadership and revise understanding of Social network architectures.
– Does Internal communications include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Which social networking or e learning service allows the possibility of creating multiple virtual classrooms?
– How might a persons various social network profiles be useful for learning education and or training?
– Can specialized social networks replace learning management systems?
– How do we go about Comparing Internal communications approaches/solutions?
Social psychology Critical Criteria:
Devise Social psychology adoptions and differentiate in coordinating Social psychology.
– Consider your own Internal communications project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Spam filter Critical Criteria:
Pilot Spam filter quality and catalog what business benefits will Spam filter goals deliver if achieved.
– What are our needs in relation to Internal communications skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Internal communications?
Style guide Critical Criteria:
Match Style guide tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Style guide interface.
– Are there recognized Internal communications problems?
– Do we have past Internal communications Successes?
Works council Critical Criteria:
Audit Works council outcomes and sort Works council activities.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Internal communications services/products?
– Have you identified your Internal communications key performance indicators?
Yammer or FieldRate Critical Criteria:
Chart Yammer or FieldRate governance and raise human resource and employment practices for Yammer or FieldRate.
– How do we maintain Internal communicationss Integrity?
– How do we go about Securing Internal communications?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Internal communications Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Internal communications External links:
17 Internal Communications Best Practices for 2017
Internal Communications Conference – Capitalise On …
Tangowork: Chatbots for Internal Communications
Brand engagement External links:
Access TCA – Building Brand Engagement
Brand Engagement by Ian P. Buckingham – Goodreads
Brand Engagement Agency | August Jackson
Brand management External links:
IDEATION | Creative Brand Management
Watson Creative – Brand Management and Creative Agency
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Chartered Institute of Public Relations External links:
Chartered Institute of Public Relations – Home | Facebook
Comment: The Chartered Institute of Public Relations …
Communication theory External links:
List of Theories | Communication Theory
[PDF]INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION THEORY
Communication theory (Book, 1980) [WorldCat.org]
Corporate communications External links:
Corporate Communications, Inc. – Web Design Rochester …
Corporate Communications Manager Public Relations – …
http://newjersey.craigslist.org › jobs › admin/office
Home – Corporate Communications Inc.
Corporate social responsibility External links:
Corporate Social Responsibility – SourceWatch
2016 Corporate Social Responsibility Report – U.S. Bank
Employee engagement External links:
CultureIQ | Employee Engagement Surveys To …
Cool Choices | Employee Engagement Sustainability Game
Employee relations External links:
Employee Relations, Inc.
Employee Relations at West Virginia University
NYS Governor’s Office of Employee Relations
Film production External links:
Shoot Happens | High-end film directors and film production
Video, TV & Film Production Management Software | StudioBinder
Rebel Way Entertainment | Film Production Company in …
Human resource management External links:
DHRM | Utah Department of Human Resource Management
Sioux Empire Society for Human Resource Management
Department of Human Resource Management
Human resources External links:
Office of Human Resources – Employment & Recruitment …
myDHR | Maryland Department of Human Resources
Department of Human Resources Home – TN.Gov
Information society External links:
Information Society – Walking Away – YouTube
INFORMATION SOCIETY – WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND – …
Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia
Institute of Internal Communication External links:
The Institute of Internal Communication
IOIC – Institute of Internal Communication – Home | Facebook
International Association of Business Communicators External links:
International Association of Business Communicators | …
International Association of Business Communicators …
Knowledge management External links:
Knowledge Management Consulting Firm | Iknow LLC
tealbook | Supplier Discovery, Knowledge Management …
[PDF]Army Regulation 25-1, ‘Army Knowledge Management …
Media relations External links:
TD Bank News, Press Releases, Media Relations, Media …
Media Relations – Illinois State
Home – Live Wire Media Relations, LLC
Organizational studies External links:
Organizational studies (Book, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Political science External links:
Political Science – University of Alabama
Welcome | Department of Political Science
University of Illinois – Political Science at Illinois
Port Sunlight External links:
Port Sunlight 125 – Home | Facebook
Port Sunlight Welcome and introduction to Port Sunlight
Port Sunlight River Park – Projects – Gillespies
Public relations External links:
Public Relations Job Titles and Descriptions – The Balance
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Public Relations | About Us – Capital Title
Rotterdam School of Management External links:
Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University …
Strategic Account Management | Rotterdam School of Management
Social media External links:
WhoDoYou – Local businesses recommended on social media
A Unified Social Media Management Platform – Statusbrew
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Social network External links:
The Social Network for Bikers | BikerOrNot
Social psychology External links:
Home | Social Psychology
SparkNotes: Social Psychology: Stereotypes and Prejudice
Social Psychology – Merriam-Webster
Spam filter External links:
TG Spam Filter – Login
Start – SpamDrain – spam filter for all your devices
Spamhaus Technology – Email Spam filter services from Spamhaus
Style guide External links:
The Style Guide | Stitch Fix Men
Office of Public Relations: University Style Guide
[PDF]APA paper style guide – Vanguard University
Works council External links:
[PDF]REGION 7 WORKS COUNCIL – IN.gov
Works council movement in Germany, (Book, 1925) …
[PDF]The Study of Works Councils: Concepts and Problems