What is involved in Application Performance Monitoring
Find out what the related areas are that Application Performance Monitoring connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Performance Monitoring thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Performance Monitoring journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Performance Monitoring leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Performance Monitoring related domains to cover and 158 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Performance Monitoring, Application performance management, .NET Framework, Application Response Measurement, Application service management, Business transaction management, Business transaction performance, Cloud computing, Data analytics, Gartner, Information technology, Level of service, Middleware, Network management, Passive monitoring, Performance metric, Performance metrics, Platform virtualization, Port mirroring, Resource, Round-trip delay time, Software, Synthetic monitoring, Systems management, User experience, Website monitoring:
Application Performance Monitoring Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Application Performance Monitoring decisions and figure out ways to motivate other Application Performance Monitoring users.
– What is the source of the strategies for Application Performance Monitoring strengthening and reform?
– Do we all define Application Performance Monitoring in the same way?
– How do we keep improving Application Performance Monitoring?
Application performance management Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Application performance management engagements and adjust implementation of Application performance management.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Application Performance Monitoring strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Think about the functions involved in your Application Performance Monitoring project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is Application Performance Monitoring dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
.NET Framework Critical Criteria:
Huddle over .NET Framework outcomes and check on ways to get started with .NET Framework.
– Does Application Performance Monitoring include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Application Performance Monitoring study?
– Are there Application Performance Monitoring Models?
Application Response Measurement Critical Criteria:
Chart Application Response Measurement tactics and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Application Performance Monitoring information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Do the Application Performance Monitoring decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are the barriers to increased Application Performance Monitoring production?
Application service management Critical Criteria:
Trace Application service management leadership and innovate what needs to be done with Application service management.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Application Performance Monitoring with what users do day-to-day?
– Can we do Application Performance Monitoring without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How can the value of Application Performance Monitoring be defined?
Business transaction management Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Business transaction management results and describe the risks of Business transaction management sustainability.
– Do we monitor the Application Performance Monitoring decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Why should we adopt a Application Performance Monitoring framework?
– How to deal with Application Performance Monitoring Changes?
Business transaction performance Critical Criteria:
Sort Business transaction performance tactics and probe the present value of growth of Business transaction performance.
– Will Application Performance Monitoring deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Application Performance Monitoring move?
– What is our Application Performance Monitoring Strategy?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Cloud computing risks and attract Cloud computing skills.
– It is clear that the CSP will face a large number of requests from its customers to prove that the CSP is secure and reliable. There a number of audit and compliance considerations for both the CSP and the customer to consider in cloud computing. First, which compliance framework should a CSP adopt to satisfy its customers and manage its own risks?
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– What changes should be made to the design of future applications software, infrastructure software, and hardware to match the needs and opportunities of cloud computing?
– For a customer-facing application, is the move to cloud computing expected to increase the number of customers accessing it?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– How can a small cloud computing consultancy take advantage of the Federal Cloud Computing Strategy?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– If your data is stored abroad whose foi policy do you adhere to?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What is the impact of hybrid cloud computing on i&o?
– Is there a good pricing model for cloud services?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– What problems does cloud computing solve?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– How not to be locked in a SaaS system?
– Will database virtualization take off?
– Is the public cloud more secure?
Data analytics Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Data analytics results and mentor Data analytics customer orientation.
– What are the potential areas of conflict that can arise between organizations IT and marketing functions around the deployment and use of business intelligence and data analytics software services and what is the best way to resolve them?
– What are the long-term implications of other disruptive technologies (e.g., machine learning, robotics, data analytics) converging with blockchain development?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Application Performance Monitoring ?
– Can we be rewired to use the power of data analytics to improve our management of human capital?
– What is the difference between Data Analytics Data Analysis Data Mining and Data Science?
– Which departments in your organization are involved in using data technologies and data analytics?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– Social Data Analytics Are you integrating social into your business intelligence?
– what is the difference between Data analytics and Business Analytics If Any?
– What are the long-term Application Performance Monitoring goals?
– Does your organization have a strategy on big data or data analytics?
– What are our tools for big data analytics?
Gartner Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Gartner leadership and get the big picture.
– Among the Application Performance Monitoring product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Which Application Performance Monitoring goals are the most important?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Information technology governance and find out.
– Can we add value to the current Application Performance Monitoring decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Application Performance Monitoring processes?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Level of service Critical Criteria:
Depict Level of service engagements and know what your objective is.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Application Performance Monitoring services/products?
– In a project to restructure Application Performance Monitoring outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What is our formula for success in Application Performance Monitoring ?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within the service?
– What level of service resilience and backup is provided within services?
– What are the costs to provide this level of service?
– What level of service should be offered?
Middleware Critical Criteria:
Merge Middleware leadership and create a map for yourself.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Application Performance Monitoring does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application Performance Monitoring products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Have security reviews included requirements for support, plug-in components, or middleware?
– Have security reviews been made for support/plug-in components middleware?
– What middlewares are used in Internet of things?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Steer Network management tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Network management and constraints.
– What are the key elements of your Application Performance Monitoring performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Application Performance Monitoring process?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Application Performance Monitoring activities?
Passive monitoring Critical Criteria:
Categorize Passive monitoring visions and look in other fields.
Performance metric Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Performance metric strategies and innovate what needs to be done with Performance metric.
– How can you negotiate Application Performance Monitoring successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is Application Performance Monitoring Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Have you defined IT risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported?
Performance metrics Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Performance metrics failures and devise Performance metrics key steps.
– In what ways are Application Performance Monitoring vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is Supporting Application Performance Monitoring documentation required?
Platform virtualization Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Platform virtualization failures and ask what if.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Application Performance Monitoring project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Application Performance Monitoring project lifecycle?
– How can we improve Application Performance Monitoring?
Port mirroring Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Port mirroring governance and get going.
– Do Application Performance Monitoring rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is the scope of Application Performance Monitoring defined?
Resource Critical Criteria:
Boost Resource visions and remodel and develop an effective Resource strategy.
– How do we engage divisions, operating units, operations, internal audit, risk management, compliance, finance, technology, and human resources in adopting the updated framework?
– Does your company provide resources to improve end-user awareness of phishing, malware, indicators of compromise, and procedures in the event of a potential breach?
– Would data be prohibitively expensive (in terms of time, money, or other resources) to re-create if lost or damaged?
– Is there a role for employees to play in maintaining the accuracy of personal data the company maintains?
– Are the strategies and resources being implemented undergoing any form of process evaluation?
– To satisfy our customers and stakeholders, what financial objectives must we accomplish?
– What is the cost (time, money, resources) associated with this new collection?
– What types of resourcess/kills set will be needed to carry out the assignment?
– How to effectively and fairly allocate resources among a collection of competing users?
– Which process categorizes resource pools based on performance and capacity?
– How is Staffs willingness to help or refer questions to the proper level?
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– How do you pick an appropriate ETL tool or business analytics tool?
– What resources are required to conduct and write up the evaluation?
– What resources are needed to achieve the stated objectives?
– Do we have the right skills and resources?
– What additional approaches already exist?
– Has AGILE staff managed staff and resources?
Round-trip delay time Critical Criteria:
Talk about Round-trip delay time outcomes and look at the big picture.
– Think about the people you identified for your Application Performance Monitoring project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
Software Critical Criteria:
Derive from Software failures and explore and align the progress in Software.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– If on-premise software is a must, a balance of choice and simplicity is essential. When specific users are viewing and interacting with analytics, can you use a named-user licensing model that offers accessibility without the need for hardware considerations?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– How could agile approach be utilized in other parts and functions of an organization, for instance in marketing?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– Do you wish to utilize a software solution after you establish the foundation and process for ERM?
– Can We Quantitatively Assess and Manage Risk of Software Privacy Breaches?
– How do you develop requirements for agile software development?
– Can you identify all your it hardware and software locations?
– Would you consider any non software-as-a-service options?
– How large is the system that is being developed?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
– How is the development team organized?
– What is our Agile methodology?
– What is the client software?
– How much modeling to do?
– A separate test team?
Synthetic monitoring Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Synthetic monitoring tasks and know what your objective is.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Application Performance Monitoring forward?
– Who sets the Application Performance Monitoring standards?
Systems management Critical Criteria:
Guard Systems management failures and point out Systems management tensions in leadership.
– What vendors make products that address the Application Performance Monitoring needs?
– Is a Application Performance Monitoring Team Work effort in place?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Accelerate User experience failures and look for lots of ideas.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Application Performance Monitoring?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Website monitoring Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Website monitoring planning and budget for Website monitoring challenges.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Application Performance Monitoring, including any consulting or professional services?
– To what extent does management recognize Application Performance Monitoring as a tool to increase the results?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Performance Monitoring Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Performance Monitoring External links:
Application Performance Monitoring & Alerting | AppOptics
Application performance management External links:
Application Performance Management for Big Data | Unravel
Resources Archive – Application Performance Management
What is APPLICATION PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT …
Application Response Measurement External links:
Application Response Measurement (ARM) Tools | MyARM
Application service management External links:
Taiwan Application Service Management Consulting …
Skill Pages – Application service management | Dice.com
Business transaction management External links:
Business transaction management – DocuSign
Business Transaction Management Process – SSG …
Business Transaction Management – Linking Business …
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Data analytics External links:
Twitter Data Analytics – TweetTracker
What is Data Analytics? – Definition from Techopedia
What is data analytics (DA)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Gartner External links:
Working at Gartner
Label Template | Gartner Studios
Gartner (@Gartner_inc) | Twitter
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Level of service External links:
[PDF]APPENDIX B Traffic Level of Service Calculation Methods
[PDF]Predicting outcome with the Level of Service …
Middleware External links:
Oracle Fusion Middleware Forms Services – WebUtil
Home | Lumens Middleware Cloud
ASP.NET Core Middleware | Microsoft Docs
Network management External links:
LiveNX Simplify Network Management and Performance …
ASUS Router App – Easy Network Management in Hand
What is Network Management? Webopedia Definition
Performance metric External links:
What Is a Good Performance Metric? | Chron.com
Performance metrics External links:
Performance metrics and goals | Mass.gov
USPS® Mailer Scorecard Performance Metrics | PostalPro
Enterprise Performance Metrics
Port mirroring External links:
Port Mirroring – VMware vSphere Distributed Switch – YouTube
Resource External links:
Title Resources is a national title insurance underwriter
First American – Title Resource Database
The Title Resource Network
Round-trip delay time External links:
Round-trip delay time – YouTube
RTD | Round-Trip Delay Time | Glossary
Synthetic monitoring External links:
Synthetic Monitoring | Catchpoint
What is Synthetic Monitoring? – MaxCDN
AlertBot: Advanced Synthetic Monitoring Made Easy
Systems management External links:
– Operation Processes and Systems Management …
Welcome to the Mail Systems Management Association
User experience External links:
User Experience Consulting – Blink UX – Seattle Washington
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
Lojic | Manufacturing User Experience
Website monitoring External links:
Free Website Monitoring | Pingdom
Free Website Monitoring
Site24x7 – Website Monitoring, Website Monitoring …